Asian at Home | Korean Egg Roll/Rolled Omelet
Ingredients you need to make Korean Egg Roll/Rolled Omelet
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Green onions, chopped (Approximately 2 Tbs.)
- 1 Small green or red chili, seeded, chopped (Approximately 1 tsp.)
- 2 Tbs. Chopped carrot or red pepper
- 2 Tbs. Chopped spam, ham, sausage or hotdog
- 1Tbs. Cooking oil
Directions to make Korean Egg Roll/Rolled Omelet
- In a mixing bowl, crack 4 eggs; add salt and beat until smooth.
- Add in green onion, chili, carrot and spam to beaten egg and mix well.
- Heat a 8.5” square or 9” round skillet over medium high heat; add oil and swipe with a paper towel to apply oil as thin as possible.
- When skillet is hot, pour ¼ of egg mixture and scramble; push and place on a side that closer to you. So you will have room to roll it.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add another ¼ of egg mixture; swirl to spread evenly. Make sure uncooked egg mixture’s attached to the first batch of cooked egg mixture.
- Lift up the end nearest you and tuck over, rolling upwards tightly using a spatula or chopsticks. Push and place on a side that closer to you again and repeat twice more with rest of uncooked egg mixture.
- Remove from heat and let Gyeran Mari rest in skillet about 1 to 2 minutes.
- f you have a sushi roller, it’s a great tool to roll Gyeran Mari in and re-shape.
- Slice Gyeran Mari into 1” wide bite size pieces and serve.
Gyeran Mari (Korean Egg Roll / Korean Rolled Omelet) is a very popular lunch box menu and snack! Oh, did I mention it’s super yummy with beer too?